Welcome to Inforum, the Internet Society's eLearning platform and online course library!
LEARN. ENGAGE. ACT.
Inforum builds on the Internet Society's deep and long history of sharing subject matter expertise, delivering on-the-ground training and workshops, and building a cadre of leaders and influencers at the intersection of technology, policy and business. Inforum also equips and empowers individuals and communities to advance the Internet as a boundless platform for innovation, human expression, and growth for those online now -- and the billions still to come.
Inforum offers Internet Society Chapters and members:
- Localized, on-the-go content with the ability to offer up to 20 languages, flexible modes of delivery (including mobile), and low-bandwidth options
- Dynamic and engaging curriculum developed by learning experts, covering a wide range of Internet-related topics
- Community building via access to experts, discussion forums, online communications tools, and continuous professional development
WHAT'S AVAILABLE NOW
Available in English, Spanish and French, this course provides an introduction to Internet governance, explains briefly the history of the Internet and then dives into an exploration of Internet policy principles, regulatory frameworks, legal aspects, security, privacy and much more. Read the course description for an outline and more information.
Available in English, this course helps Internet Society Chapter leaders and volunteers understand the many options available for raising funds for local chapter efforts. Read the course description for more information.
Available in English, this course focuses on the growing use of mobility to access the Internet, the risks of becoming infected by malware, spreading botnets, redirecting Internet traffic to malicious websites, hijacking cloud and hosting services and inserting spyware onto computers and handheld devices. It shows how the risk increases and impacts countries and users who are unaware or under prepared to address the problem of spam. The course will provide you with a better understanding of the online and mobile threats facing governments, businesses and consumers today. Read the course description for more information.
Currently available in English, this introductory online course is targeted at novice/entry level UNIX/Linux users pursuing careers in Network or System Administration. The course is practically oriented and guides the trainee step by step on how to install and setup a working UNIX/Linux server, connect it to the Internet and then run a Caching Domain Name System (DNS) server in a Virtualized environment all using IETF open standards. It is a foundation course that provides trainees with necessary skills on how the Internet works and explains in detail about one of the key infrastructures of the Internet – DNS – and how to build a real world Caching DNS server. The course will allow trainees to progress to more advanced topics in the future. Read the course description for more information.
How You Can Get Started With Inforum
- If you are already a member - Start learning now.
- If you are not yet a member - Create an account and start learning.
- If you have any questions or know of higher education or other organizations that might be good partners, please drop us an email at email@example.com.
- If you are experiencing any issues with the Inforum platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.