Calling Internet Leaders!
The Internet Society (ISOC) Board of Trustees provides strategic direction, inspiration, and oversight to advance the organization’s mission of preserving the open, global Internet.
The Internet Society’s By-Laws define that there will be four Trustees selected by ISOC’s Organization members, Chapters, and the IETF. Based on a rotating schedule, in 2015, the Organization members will elect one new Trustee; Chapters will elect one Trustee, and the IETF will select two Trustees. Following an orientation programme, all new Trustees will begin 3-year terms commencing with the Internet Society’s annual general meeting in mid-year 2015.
The Role of Individual Trustees
- Bring diverse professional backgrounds and regional perspectives to the group;
- Become familiar with the myriad technology, policy and development issues we address;
- Volunteer to lead or serve on one or more committees of the Board;
- Attend Board meetings* (three per year) and strategic planning retreats (one per year);
- Participate in Board conference calls (three to four 2-hour calls per year); and
- Contribute to online Board discussions, polls and surveys as needed.
* The Board attempts to reduce Trustee travel and time away from home by co-locating one of its meetings each year with an IETF meeting and one with an ICANN meeting. The other Board meeting is typically co-located with an Internet Society meeting or event. Reimbursement for travel to Board meetings and retreats is provided to Trustees who request it. The Internet Society does not provide other compensation for Board service.
Nominations closed at 23:59 UTC on December 20, 2014.
- Call for Nominations
- FAQs about Internet Society Board service
- Procedures for Selecting Trustees
- Elections Timetable
- Nomination forms: Self Nominating Candidates, Third Party Nominations
- Nominations Committee
- Nominations Committee Charter
- Elections Committee
- Elections Committee Charter
- Current Board
- Candidate List
- Candidate Forum and links to Election Discussion Groups
- Elections Results - Update