To make your application as simple as possible, please read these application guidelines before getting started and participate in one of the upcoming Info Sessions.
Who can apply?
Applications for Beyond the Net funding will primarily be accepted from Internet Society Chapters or projects with an Internet Society Chapter actively involved. However, we will also consider on a case-by-case basis applications from Internet Society members who do not have an Internet Society Chapter in their country.
What kind of projects do we fund?
We fund projects that support our mission and use the internet to help change lives. There are three sizes of grants:
- Small projects you can finish in a short time funding (up to 3 500 USD);
- Medium-scale funding (up to 10 000 USD) and;
- Large-scale funding (up to 30 000 USD).
Apply for small scale projects
Apply for medium or large scale projects
Application Process and Deadlines
Applications for Beyond the Net funding can be sent in all year. Selections results will take place twice a year. Check below for the next available deadline.
To apply follow the next steps:
Step 2: Participate in an upcoming Info Session
Step 3: Complete the Online Application Form via ZoomGrants (click on the apply button below);
- Applicants are encouraged to create a general Chapter Zoomgrants account rather than an individual account in the name of a specific chapter officer.
- Answers to the questions in the Zoomgrants form can be submitted in English, French and Spanish.
- A Zoomgrants tutorial can be downloaded here (PDF).
|Spring Cycle||Autumn (Fall) Cycle|
|Deadline for applications - 17 March 2016||TBD|
|Selection results - May 2016||TBD|
|Funding Starts - June 2016||TBD|
We want to ensure project have a high success rate, so we have rigorous selection criteria. We look at a number of things like:
- The long-term impact of your project
- The impact on people’s lives of your project
- Is your community involved?
- Can the other chapters replicate your project?
What if your project proposal is successful?
By submitting your project proposal, you agree to the following conditions if your application is successful:
- Sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Internet Society before receiving funding;
- Report periodically on the projects progress and impact of the community;
- Credit the Internet Society.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org