Internet and Human Rights How the Internet relates to human rights
How much you agree or disagree with each of the statements below:
- Access to the Internet allows me to freely express my opinions on all subject matters.
- Access to the Internet allows me to seek any information on any subject matter that interests me.
- I have access to all types of Internet applications and services to obtain information and express my opinions (e.g., via surfing, email, social media, videos, blogging).
- Access to the Internet should be considered a basic human right.
- My government has an obligation to ensure that I have the opportunity to access the Internet.
- Freedom of expression should be guaranteed on the Internet.
- The Internet is essential for my access to knowledge and education.
- Services such as social media enhance my right to peaceful assembly and association
- I should be free to not join online groups or services such as social media.