The following sites provide ongoing statistics about the adoption of DNSSEC. This page is broken out into:
- Statistics related to DNSSEC validation
- Statistics related to the signing of domains with DNSSEC
- Statistics related to the deployment of the DANE protocol
Currently the only ongoing statistics site we have found measuring DNSSEC validation by DNS resolvers is:
- DNSSEC Validation global trend chart – produced by Geoff Huston’s team at APNIC. They also provide a world map view showing DNSSEC validation rates at a country level. Individual trend charts are also available for each country.
The following sites provide ongoing statistics related to an overall view of the signing of top-level domains (TLDs):
- ICANN TLD DNSSEC Report
- US NIST IPv6 and DNSSEC Statistics– excellent set of charts and lists related to IPv6 and DNSSEC deployment within the US government as well as estimates for industry and universities.
- StatDNS – provides monthly reports on a number of top-level domain (TLD) statistics, including the number of signed domains
- SecSpider DNSSEC deployment and growth charts
- DNSSEC deployment maps are available from the Internet Society showing the deployment of DNSSEC across country-code TLDs (ccTLDs) both globally and regionally.
Several individuals maintain sites showing current DNSSEC deployment statistics:
- DNSSEC deployment statistics – a site from Rick Lamb showing excellent trend data and updated daily with any newly signed domains
- DNSSEC statistics for Sweden, Norway, Finland and Texas – a set of various DNSSEC statistics sites from Torbjörn Eklöv
- TLDs with DNSSEC and IPv6 – a site from Torbjörn Eklöv that shows the DNSSEC and IPv6 status of all TLDs
Registry Statistics – gTLDs:
- .COM / .NET / .EDU – Verisign Labs Scoreboard – note the graphs of counts and percentages found on the page.
- .GOV – NIST statistics for DNSSEC and IPv6 for .GOV
- Statistics for the “new generic TLDs” (newgTLDs)
Registry Statistics – ccTLDs:
- .BR – Registro.br charts and numbers for DNSSEC-signed domains
- .CZ – CZ.NIC statistics page includes a chart of DNSSEC-related queries
- .NL – Unofficial .NL statistics from PowerDNS
- .PT – DNSSEC statistics are compiled at different times and made available at dnssec.pt
- .SE – .SE domain statistics page includes DNSSEC-related charts. Additionally, in March 2012, a presentation was given with analysis of signed .SE domains
The following sites provide ongoing statistics related to the use of the DANE protocol‘s TLSA records:
Additionally, on 3 Oct 2015, Shumon Huque presented DANE statistics at the Fall 2015 DNS-OARC meeting (see slides 11-16).
Do you know of additional sites we should consider adding here? If so, please send them to us.