1. Facilitate and promote global, regional, and local policy environments that enable the continuing evolution of an open Internet.
2. Increase the global relevance and recognition of collaborative, bottom-up,technical, consensus-based open standards development in order to protect permissionless innovation for the availability of the open Internet for current and future users; and increase development and use of security and resiliency technologies and best practices, shape the evolution of online identity infrastructures, and improve choice and consent in the handling of user data.
3. Provide equal development opportunities for all people by promoting the relevance, deployment, and adoption of the open Internet.
4. Increase the visibility and influence of the Internet Society as the recognized, trusted source on Internet issues
To effectively accomplish these Strategic Objectives, we must at the same time continue to improve and develop the Internet Society organization and community themselves. Internally-focused Operational Objectives provide important complements to our outwardly-oriented Strategic Objectives and action plans.
Through our Operational Objectives, we aim to ensure that the Internet Society organization and community have the tools, energy, and culture necessary to most effectively advance our mission.
They are to:
- Create an environment that allows ISOC to use the Internet to gather real data and experiences, capitalizes on our diverse communities, and delivers messages and tools to our audiences
- Mobilize and energize our staff, emerging leaders, past and present ISOC Members, and other identified ISOC stakeholders to leverage and expand our outreach on an inclusive local, regional, and global scale to advance our mission.
- Nurture a culture that mirrors the Internet attributes we wish to emulate—a team-oriented culture that values openness/inclusivity, global and cultural diversity, honesty, trust and collaboration. We look to be focused, forward thinking, flexible and dynamic within an environment where decision-making is transparent and accountability is maintained "
You can find out more by reading our 2015 Action Plan.