Wondering what happened at the WCIT and why it was important? The Internet Society's US Washington D.C. Chapter organized a WCIT Postmortem to help answer questions like:
- What motivated certain Member States to include aspects of the Internet in the ITRs?
- Some of technical community say that certain proposals could lead to fragmentation of the global Internet. What does this mean and how did it play out at the WCIT?
- What will be the impact on the global Internet infrastructure?
- For countries with concerns about security or fraud or connectivity costs, what are the alternatives to solving these challenges besides the WCIT
- What should be the role of groups like the Internet Society in this discussion?
You can watch the discussions below: