The Internet Society organizes technology briefing panels to be colocated with IETF meetings. Over lunch one day during the week, we arrange a panel to discuss a topic that is relevant to IETF attendees but somewhat beyond the normal realm of discussion in the standards setting process.
We began these briefing panels at IETF 74 in San Francisco, and the topics have included IPv6, DNS security, Internet evolution, and more. Panels generally consist of a moderator and a few subject matter experts, open with statements on the topic from the experts, and allow time for questions from the audience. Read and subscribe to the Internet Technology Matters blog for updates as panels, topics, and panelists are announced.
IETF 97 Panel
The Briefing Panel at IETF 97 was on "The I in IoT: Implications for a Global Open Internet." Read more about the panel and watch the video archive here.
Previous Briefing Panels:
- IETF 96 | No Panel
- IETF 95 | Public Policy and Internet Technology Development
- IETF 94 | No Panel
- IETF 93 | Tackling Connectivity Diversity: Protocol Challenges for Constrained Radio Networks and Devices
- IETF 92 | No Panel
- IETF 91 | Is Identity an Internet Building Block?
- IETF 90 | Internet Security and Privacy: Ten Years Later
- IETF 89 | Evolution of End-to-End: Why the Internet is Not Like Any Other Network
- IETF 88 | IPv6: What Does Success Look Like?
- IETF 87 | Improving Internet Experience: All together, now
- IETF 86 | Content is King; How Do we Avoid Playing the Pauper?
- IETF 85 | Internet Untethered
- IETF 84 | World IPv6: Launched!
- IETF 83 | Authentication and Authorization: Next steps for OpenID and OAuth
- IETF 82 | Beyond PUT, POST and GET: Application data routing carves its own path
- IETF 81 | Internet evolution - Where is "there" and how do we get "there" from here?
- IETF 80 | IPv6 -- How will we know we've arrived?
- IETF 79 | Handheld, Wireless, and Open: Priorities for the Mobile Future Internet
- IETF 78 | DNS, Secure at 27, what's next?
- IETF 77 | IPv6: Are we there yet?
- IETF 76 | Growing Pains: Bandwidth on the Internet
- IETF 75 | Securing the DNS: Leading the next step towards a more secure Internet
- IETF 74 | The Seven Stages of IPv6 Adoption