IETF is the world's leading Internet standards development groups. NGL plan as part of the Internet Society IETF researcher positions for technology professionals, senior information technology students and other developing and emerging economies, a qualified person.
Researchers involved in IETF IETF meeting, and under the guidance of experienced instructors, able to make a positive contribution to the IETF working.
IETF fellowship to help increase global awareness of the diversity of opinions and the important work of the IETF. Colleagues Meanwhile, researchers are also involved in the development of Internet standards and best practices, and have the same interest in the establishment of the world's valuable links.
Researcher jobs for the first time and re-apply the researcher.
IETF (and related organizations) is a large open international community of network designers, operators, suppliers, experts, researchers and other interested technical staff. IETF's work is mainly carried out through mailing lists, and held three IETF actual year. Personally participate in IETF meetings can help to improve the understanding of the standards process and encourage active participation in the work of the IETF, and strengthen links with other people with the same interest in the technology.
IETF Internet Society funded researcher to obtain the following:
- Travel, accommodation and conference registration fees, and IETF social event tickets
- Introduced to their interest in the field of mentors to help them prepare for the meeting, contact other experts and the successful completion of a week-long conference
- Compensation allowance for miscellaneous expenses
- Conference participation proof
Expectations of researchers
We expect the Internet Society Fellows:
- Read IETF working group to discuss the document and see its interest in the field, ready to IETF meeting in advance
- Throughout the week, participating in the new IETF guidance, plenary sessions and working group discussions
- After returning to their local communities to share experiences and knowledge gained from the IETF (including writing activity report)
- Program participants attend NGL network
- Assist in program management, including the completion of the follow-up survey
When fellowship offer?
Researchers at the three positions to provide IETF meeting, held annually. Access IETF website for meeting schedule.
Who should apply?
IETF Internet Society The Internet Society members for fellowship with relevant skills and experience to be able to contribute to the work of the emerging IETF or developing countries.
Researchers selected a very competitive position. All applicants must be a member of the Internet Society, and must meet the selection criteria .
Please note that there is no age limit IETF fellowship.
Is not currently accepting applications.
2012 year timetable
2012 schedule has not been determined. Please subscribe NGL candidate list for follow-up notification.
- IETF fellowship background
- IETF researcher list
- Become a sponsor of IETF Fellowship
- Become a mentor
- NGL candidates mailing list
- 2009 Review
Any other relevant information, please contact Leaders@InternetSociety.org .