Duangthip is the Regional Affairs Manager, Asia. Duangthip or “Thip” originates from Bangkok, Thailand. She comes from an international relations & development background with multidisciplinary experiences, in the private and public sector. Her main specialization was in technology transfer strategies for regional, national and sectoral economic development encompassing leadership development, public sector modernization, SME development, women entrepreneurship and nanotechnology.
Prior to her work in international development field, she spent over 14 years in the private sector in the telecom and finance & banking sectors specialising in the areas of corporate strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, investor relations and portfolio risk management. In relation to her telecom experiences, she possess experiences in tariff negotiation, product/service pricing and concession arbitration.
Her credentials include:
- Subject matter expert in technology transfer and competitiveness strategy
- Head of International Relations Division (for Thailand Productivity Institute)
- Principal advisor to the Office of the Prime Minister on Public Sector Reengineering, Government of Thailand.
- Board member of the Goldman Sach and GE Capital consortium
- Business Consultant (specific to turnaround strategies, business model, and business engineering).
- Regional and Country Financial Analyst (GE Capital Asia Pacific)
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Six Sigma Black Belt.
- The prestigious Eliyah Goldratt’s scholarship recipient (i.e. founder of Theory of Constraint).
She possesses a Bachelor’s in Finance & Banking (Thailand) and a Master’s in International Banking & Investment (UK). Her passions are reading, horseback riding, chess, elephants and saving the planet. She is well traveled and has worked and lived abroad in Hong Kong and Tokyo.