Three groups of Chapter Resources:
1. Mobilize people and get the word out
The Internet Society social platform, Connect, where members can discuss issues about the Internet, for the Internet, through the Internet. Do you want to set up a Community just for your Chapter? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapters Webcasting Service
Enhance participation to your events today by webcasting! All that is needed is a camera device and a laptop. Find out more about the Chapters Webcasting Service. Need help? Contact email@example.com
Chapters WebEx/Zoom Support
Engage community with high-impact webinars and online meetings. Schedule, host and organize remote participation for your events and group or board meetings via Cisco WebEx Platform or by using zoom.us. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your regional chapter development manager to schedule your next meeting or for more information.
Chapter Branded Marketing Toolbox
Chapter logos in various formats, letterhead templates, business card templates and standard ISOC presentation with the official chapter logo. Contact email@example.com for your Chapter toolbox or check the Box folder.
Chapter Website Templates
We've created WordPress and Drupal (version 6 and 7) that reflect the current design of our website. Below you'll find both links to the templates as well as installation instructions. If you have any comments or questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Internet Society WordPress theme for chapters is available for download at Github.com: WordPress Template
Please make sure to read the detailed instructions to understand the download/installation process, the required plugins and the configuration steps. There is also an issue tracker for issues found with the theme.
Video on how to communicate our key messages to our different stakeholders.
Watch it now
2. Managing your Chapter
Membership and Chapter Management: Chapter Portal Guide
An overview of functionalities of the Internet Society's Chapter Portal, that allows you to manage and communicate with your Chapter membership, as well as to update your Chapter leadership.
Beyond the Net Funding Programme
Our Beyond the Net Funding Programme gives Internet Society members the opportunity to contribute at a local or regional level through an Internet Society Chapter. We support bright ideas that support the vision and mission of the Internet Society at local level, that make a positive difference in peoples lives through the Internet.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com
Chapter Internet Presence Reimbursement Programme
Chapters can obtain reimbursement for costs associated with maintaining an Internet presence. Read more.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Chapter Elections
Is it time for your Chapter Elections and you need some help setting up e-voting? Contact the email@example.com team to get support. We have a step by step process and can set up online voting for you.
Want to know what your members think?
Do you want to send out a survey to better understand your members or to just get their insight on a given topic? We can help with the setup of your survey using SurveyMonkey.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your regional Chapter manager for more information and help.
One of the main challenges for a volunteer driven Chapter is to mobilize it's members, to ask them to dedicate their time and knowledge. Here is a guide that addresses some of those issues.
3. Content you can use
Internet Governance and Public Policy
- You need to talk to local policy makers and need some briefs to help you in certain Policy matters? Have a look here.
- Are you interested in organising an Internet Governance event? Check out the IG Toolkit to help you along the way.
- Tools for Unravelling the Net Neutrality / Open Internetworking debate: English - Français - Español (PDF)
- Tool for Educating and Influencing Policymakers: English - Français - Español (PDF)
Access / Development
- Need to know more about IPv6? Check out the online tutorial as well as some tools for Promoting IPv6 Deployment: English - Français - Español (PDF)
- Open Internet Standards video toolkit - English - Français - Español
- All you ever wanted to know about IXP's on our IXP Toolkit portal
- Identity Chapter Toolbox Final: English - Français - Espanol (PDF)
- Looking for information about SPAM to talk to your various stakeholders? Check out the SPAM toolkit. You want to give your members the opportunity to dive in deeper, point them to the online tutorials