The following are important resources for all Internet Society Chapters.
Internet Society International Chapter Handbook
A guide to forming, organizing, and operating a successful Internet Society Chapter. Learn from others who have gone before you, the handbook is filled with information from Chapter leaders sharing their success stories, tips and ideas to help you run a Chapter. This is a "living" document. If you are able to contribute text or examples, they would be very welcome. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The handbook will be periodically reviewed and updated.
- Tools for Mobilising Volunteers: English - Français - Espanol (PDF)
- Tools for Unravelling the Net Neutrality / Open Internetworking debate: English - Français - Español (PDF)
- Tools for Educating and Influencing Policymakers: English - Français - Español (PDF)
- Tools for Leveraging the Next Generation Leaders Programme: English - Français - Español (PDF)
Next Generation Leaders Programme Posters
InDesign files or a PDF with crop marks can be made available upon request to email@example.com.
- English: Poster 1 - Poster 2 - Poster 3 - Poster 4
- French: Poster 1 - Poster 2 - Poster 3 - Poster 4
- Spanish: Poster 1 - Poster 2 - Poster 3 - Poster 4
- Chinese: Poster 1 - Poster 2 - Poster 3 - Poster 4
- Arabic: Poster 1 - Poster 2 - Poster 3 - Poster 4
- Russian: Poster 1 - Poster 2 - Poster 3 - Poster 4
Video on how to communicate our key messages to our different stakeholders.
World IPv6 Launch Resources for Chapters
These resources have been put together for Chapters to help them prepare for World IPv6 Launch on 6 June 2012.
Funding Your Chapter
Find out about the different types and sources of funding available to Chapters.
Internet Society Event funding
A Community Grants Programme has been established to assist Internet Society Chapters and members specifically in projects that will advance the Internet Society's mission and goals.
The Chapter Travel Fellowship Programme is intended to provide funding for Chapter leaders to participate in events relevant for the Chapter and its activities.
Chapters Webcasting Service - A Pilot Service
Reimbursement service for a Chapters Internet presence - A Pilot Service (Phase 1)
Membership Management: Chapter Portal (AMS) Guide
An overview of the Internet Society's Chapter Portal (Association Management System) which includes details about new features as of January 2012.
- Download the Chapter Portal (AMS) Overview
A list of Chapter logos avaible in GIF and EPS formats.
We've created WordPress, Drupal (version 6 and 7) and Joomla templates (coming soon) that reflect the new design of our website. Below you'll find both links to the templates as well as installation instructions. If you have any comments or questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Internet Society WordPress theme for chapters is available for download at Github.com:
Please make sure to read the detailed instructions to understand the download/installation process, the required plugins and the configuration steps. There is also an issue tracker for issues found with the theme.
The WordPress theme is hosted on Github as we are trying an experiment with providing a way to generate automatic update notifications when there is a change to the theme. Please see the documentation file for more information.
- Social Media Survey 2011: English - Français - Español (PDF)
- Chapter Needs Survey 2010: English - Français - Español (PDF)
- Chapter Needs Survey 2008: English - Français - Español (PDF)