About the OECD Technology Foresight Forum
The OECD Technology Foresight Forum is an annual event of the OECD’s Committee for Information, Computer, and Communications Policy. Its aim is to identify opportunities for, and challenges to, the Internet Economy which are created by technical developments.
Internet Society Fellows join policymakers from OECD member and non-member governments, business, civil society, and the Internet technical community to express their concerns and to participate in constructive dialogue on technology and policy issues.
Past forum topics include:
- Next Generation Networks
- Participative Web
- Smart ICT and Cloud computing
- Evolving Mobile Wireless Platforms and Applications
- Harnessing Big Data as a New Source of Growth
The Fellowship Award
- a round-trip, economy class airline ticket to attend the meeting
- hotel accommodation for the duration of the meeting
- a stipend to offset incidental expenses
- a certificate of participation
How to apply
Expectations for the Fellows to the OECD
- prepare in advance of the meeting;
- participate in the meeting agenda as required;
- share the experience and knowledge gained at the OECD Technology Foresight Forum with their local communities when they return home (including writing a report on the activities);
- participate in the NGL programme participant network; and
- assist with administrative aspects of the programme, including completion of a follow-up survey
When are the Fellowships available?
Who should apply?
- between the ages of 20 and 40
- a member of the Internet Society
- able to present a strong motivation for attending the OECD Technology Foresight Forum
- able to demonstrate interest and expertise in issues on the OECD Technology Foresight Forum
- able to demonstrate experience participating in Internet governance discussions at the international level and in multi-cultural environments
- IL Programme Announcement Mailing List
- The Internet Society’s contributions to the OECD
- Internet Technical Advisory Committee to the OECD