As part of its Enabling Access Initiative, the Internet Society is a partner in two regional grant programmes:
- The Information Society Innovation Fund for Asia (ISIF) and
- The Regional Fund for Digital Innovation in the Latin American and Caribbean (FRIDA).
These programmes promote the development of innovative approaches to Internet and communications technology challenges in developing regions by providing grant seed funds to kick-start and sustain ICT research, development, and implementation projects.
Grants for both the ISIF and FRIDA programmes are made on a competitive basis. Programme information, including grant selection criteria and how to apply, can be found on the programme websites.
Find out more
- ISIF Programme for the Asia Pacific
- FRIDA Programme for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Programme Reports: Report of FRIDA program, 2006 (PDF: 136KB)