Key Updates from WCIT
Press Releases relating to WCIT, from the Internet Society
- 14 December 2012 | Internet Society Disappointed over Fundamental Divides at World Conference on International Telecommunications
- 12 December 2012 | Internet Society Expresses Concern over Direction of WCIT
- 10 December 2012 | Internet’s Future Hangs in the Balance
- 07 December 2012 | Internet Society’s Statement Addressing Reported Attacks Against the ITU Website
- 03 December 2012 | Internet Society Joins Commemoration of International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- 30 November 2012 | Internet Society Delegation to Attend World Conference on International Telecommunications in Dubai, 3-14 December 2012
- 22 October 2012 | Internet Society Board of Trustees Calls on Policymakers to Preserve the Internet’s Openness, Innovation, and Interoperability in Proposed Changes to the International Telecommunications Regulations
- 07 August 2012 | Internet Society Board of Trustees Expresses Concern about the Potential Impact of the World Conference on International Telecommunications on the Internet
- 31 May 2012 | Internet Society’s Sally Wentworth Testifies Before U.S. House of Representatives on International Internet Regulations
- Feud over Internet control 'not a north-south divide' - World Radio Switzerland (WRS) interview with Markus Kummer, the Internet Society's Vice President, Public Policy.
On 19 December 2012, our Washington DC Chapter held a postmortem to examine the implications of WCIT with a distinguished panel of thought leaders. The full recorded version of the WCIT postmortem is available below.
Interview with Sebastian Bellagamba, Internet Society, Regional Bureau Director for Latin America, December 5th, 2012
ITU Soundbites, including Sally Wentworth, Internet Society, Senior Manager of Public Policy, December 7th, 2012
Interview with Michuki Mwangi, Internet Society, Senior Development Manager, Africa, December 9th, 2012