Up to how much more would you be willing to pay per month to be certain that you were using the Internet anonymously and/or your privacy online would not be compromised?
Click to switch view
Click to switch view
Click to switch view
Chart ordered from greatest to least percentage
|1-10%||11-20%||21-30%||31-40%||41-50%||50% or more||I would not be willing to pay any amount|
|East Asia Total||422||223||140||91||91||120||453|
General Internet Usage Access applications online
- On average, how often do you access the Internet?
- Do you use “anonymization” services, for example, the “anonymize” feature in your web browser, specialized software like Tor, third-party redirection services like duckduckgo.com?
Online privacy and identity Protecting your privacy
- How often do you read the privacy policies of websites or services that you share personal information with?
- How well do you understand most privacy terms and conditions?
- When you are logged in to a service or application do you use privacy protections?
- What were the consequences of the unexpected use of personal information disclosed online?
- What are the main reasons you accept the terms and conditions as offered, without reading them?
- Have you ever disclosed personal information online that was later used in a way you didn’t expect?
Expanding use of the Internet Creating opportunities on the internet
How much do you agree or disagree that each of the following topics needs to be addressed BEFORE the Internet reaches its full potential in your country?
- Improvements need to be made in the local physical infrastructure.
- More people need to understand how to use and benefit from the Internet.
- More people need access to basic computer skills and Internet-use training.
- More/better trained Internet and technology professionals.
- People need to have access to better and cheaper training opportunities.
- Governments need to place a higher priority on expanding the Internet and its benefits in my country
- People need to be able to access the Internet without data and content restrictions.
- Computer training in primary and secondary schools needs to be mandatory.
- Governments should consider ways to provide easier access to cheaper computers.
- Internet content about my country’s culture and/or in my local language (s) should be encouraged
Internet and Human Rights How the Internet relates to human rights
How much you agree or disagree with each of the statements below:
- Access to the Internet allows me to freely express my opinions on all subject matters.
- Access to the Internet allows me to seek any information on any subject matter that interests me.
- Access to the Internet should be considered a basic human right.
- My government has an obligation to ensure that I have the opportunity to access the Internet.
- Freedom of expression should be guaranteed on the Internet.
- The Internet is essential for my access to knowledge and education.
- Services such as social media enhance my right to peaceful assembly and association
- I should be free to not join online groups or services such as social media.
Internet censorship How Internet users feel about censorship
- How much has access to the Internet contributed to civil action or political awareness in your country?
- To what degree would you accept increased control or monitoring of the Internet if you gained increased safety?
- Do you have full access to all of the information that is available on the Internet?
- Do you pay attention to whether websites you visit are legal?
- Do you agree that censorship currently exist on the Internet?
- Do you agree that censorship should exist in some form on the Internet?
- Do you agree that governments in countries with no Internet censorship have a responsibility to keep the Internet free of censorship in countries where the Internet is being censored/controlled/shut down?
Economic and Societal Issues Issues the Internet could help improve
- Do you agree that each individual country has the right to govern the Internet the way it sees fit?
- Do you think the Internet does more to help society than it does to hurt it?
- Have your life improved due to using the Internet?