Expanding use of the Internet Creating opportunities on the internet
How much do you agree or disagree that each of the following topics needs to be addressed BEFORE the Internet reaches its full potential in your country?
- Improvements need to be made in the local physical infrastructure.
- Greater public access to computers and the Internet needs to be available for rural/remote communities, the poor, the elderly, persons with disabilities, etc.
- More people need to understand how to use and benefit from the Internet.
- More people need access to basic computer skills and Internet-use training.
- More/better trained Internet and technology professionals.
- People need to have access to better and cheaper training opportunities.
- Governments need to place a higher priority on expanding the Internet and its benefits in my country
- People need to be more engaged in Government formulation of public policy decision making about the Internet.
- People need to be able to access the Internet without data and content restrictions.
- Computer training in primary and secondary schools needs to be mandatory.
- Local universities and technical institutes need to offer basic and advanced computer and Internet technical training.
- Tax reductions need to be given to small and medium-sized businesses that are using the Internet to conduct business.
- Governments should consider ways to provide easier access to cheaper computers.
- Governments should consider ways to create or encourage competition amongst Internet service providers.
- Internet content about my country’s culture and/or in my local language (s) should be encouraged