Breakfast Panel Debate
Date: 11 October, 2012
Time: 08:30 - 10:30 am (Breakfast will be served)
Venue: FTI Consulting, Avenue Marnix 23, 1000 Brussels | Map
Register: Please send your registration to Victoria.Main@fticonsulting.com
The recent discussions on ACTA at both EU and national levels have shown the importance and necessity of a new definition and regulation of copyright in our ever more digital world. All stakeholders involved with the Internet are seeking a solution that ensures a regulatory framework that takes into account this evolution and provides clear, workable rules. The key question is how to safeguard the openness of the Internet and yet consider the interests and rights of all stakeholders at the same time.
· Sylvie Forbin, Senior Vice President, Public and European Affairs, Vivendi
· Christian Engström, MEP Pirate Party
· Marco Pancini, Senior Policy Counsel Google
· Cécile Despringre, Executive Director, Society of Audiovisual Authors
· Philippe Aigrain, Co-founder, La Quadrature du Net
· Markus Kummer, Vice President for Public Policy, Internet Society
This breakfast panel debate will be moderated by Magnus Franklin, commentator on Internet and copyright-related issues at MLex.