The Internet Society works to foster Internet growth and access by bringing essential information, training, and development partnerships to people and communities across the globe, with a special focus on developing regions of the world.
Our programmes include:
- Conferences and hands-on technical workshops
- Supporting local and regional internet Organizations
- Briefings and White papers on Internet Technologies (see document library below)
- Grants and Funding for Internet Experts in developing countries
We focus our development work on a number of key issues;
- Country-code Top-Level Domains (ccTLD's)
- Interconnection and Trafic Exchange (ITE)
- Internet Exchange Points (IXP's)
Our approach to Internet Development
Internet development is about people. Shared knowledge and collaborative relationships are key drivers of successful Internet growth, not technology alone.