Ted Mooney joined the Internet Society on June 1, 2011 in the newly created position of Sr. Director for Membership and Services. Ted’s department will focus on:
- building individual and organizational membership;
- working with members and chapters to facilitate their optimal engagement with the Internet Society;
- delivering to members increased value for their engagement with the Internet Society;
- supporting Chapter development and programs; and
- developing a program to provide greater focus on local youth involvement with the Internet Society, including active support for our mission and objectives.
Ted will be working closely on a day-to-day basis with the Internet Society’s Business Development and Grants and Endowment teams and collaborating closely with the Regional Bureaus.
For the last four years Ted has served as the Country Director for the Peace Corps in Lesotho and Uganda where he had overall responsibility for the programs there including administration and finances, volunteer health, safety and security, training, and programming. Prior to joining Peace Corps staff, Ted was a private consultant to small and mid-sized technology companies for marketing, sales and customer support from 2001 to 2007.
After a nine year tenure with Racal Instruments from 1985 to 1994, leaving as VP of North American Sales, Ted was one of five founders of Nice Systems, a voice recording and call center agent improvement company, which went public in 1996. He left in 2000 as Senior Vice President for Marketing and Business Development when Nice Systems achieved $135million in global revenue.
Ted holds a Bachelors degree in English from Villanova University, a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Tech and a Marketing Certification from Columbia University's Executive MBA program. He was a Peace Corps volunteer in Senegal West Africa from 1975 to 1977.
Ted is based in Reston, United States